The technology sector needs accountancy systems and support that speak their language.
From gaming to website developers, software and tech start-ups to established digital media agencies, having tech-savvy accountants and human support that can handle a digital world is a critical part of running your business.
It's the reason why, as digital and tech accountants, NWN encourages all of its clients to take a digital approach to their accounts.
A big ask?
For digital and tech businesses, there are some frequently asked questions:
- Are there special accounting requirements for setting up a digital or tech business?
- What type of business best suits our work?
- How do we set up banking arrangements?
- Should we be VAT registered and, if so, who can do this for us?
- How can we manage cashflow?
- Are there tax-efficient ways to lease or buy IT hardware and software?
- Do we qualify for research and development tax breaks?
- Should we recruit games or web developers as employees or as freelancers?
- What financial details should be included in contracts with our clients?
- What are the tax implications of distributing products to a global market?
While answering these questions may be a stretch for many accountants, NWN's progressive approach to accountancy - combined with experience in supporting digital media and technology businesses - means we can offer specialist business management and advice that will keep your feet on the ground, even if your business is in The Cloud.